Find answers to many of your TiVo service questions right here.
TiVo from Atlantic Broadband provides you with the ultimate TV Experience. You always get TV you’ll love wherever you are. With TiVo you will be able to record 6 shows at once, watch live TV or recordings on tablets & smart phones, get instant recommendations for what to watch, get full DVR control in every room of your home and so much more.
TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband lets you record up to 6 shows at once. With that much recording capacity you will never argue over whose show gets recorded!
TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband allows you to store up to 1,000 hours – up to 150 HD/1,000 SD hours of recording capacity. Note: Actual high-definition recording capacity may vary based on television signal source and content.
Yes. With our TiVo service not only can you watch On Demand, but you can now easily search On Demand or Browse On Demand using the Search and Browse features of TiVo. On Demand becomes so much easier to use and enjoy with Atlantic Broadband’s TiVo Service.
The TiVo T6 DVR has 6 tuners that allow you to record up to 6 shows at one time.
We offer a wide range of parental controls to block specific channels or ratings. You can also set a pin to prevent VOD purchases. For more help please see the ‘Quick Guide’ at www.atlanticbb.com/tivo.
TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband can work on both HD and SD TV sets. TiVo Service looks the best on HD sets, as they have a wider screen, but you get the same features and functionality on SD sets.
Yes. Most TiVo DVR devices that you bought at a store will work with the TiVo service from Atlantic Broadband. If your existing devices are not MoCA capable you may not be able to share recordings between your existing DVRs and the TiVo service from Atlantic Broadband.
The TiVo T6 from Atlantic Broadband is similar to the retail TiVo Roamio. The big benefit of the T6 DVR from Atlantic Broadband is that there is no upfront cost and that the T6 is fully integrated with Atlantic Broadband On Demand, bringing you the latest hit shows and movies. You also have the benefit of 24x7 technical support with Atlantic Broadband and should your T6 DVR fail to work, we will replace it.
Voice Remote, powered by TiVo®, is a voice enabled remote that recognizes spoken commands. Push the blue microphone button and speak into the remote control. TiVo understands your command and simultaneously searching across your live TV, recordings and streaming services to deliver personalized results based on what you want to watch. With Voice Remote, you can browse, schedule recordings, and watch shows simply by speaking.
Voice Remote is available in eligible markets and is included in all TV bundles that with TiVo® Smartbox or TiVo® DVR equipment. Voice Remote is available for existing customers with an eligible TV bundles.
To control your TiVo® SmartBox or TiVo® DVR with your voice, your TiVo® software must be upgraded to Experience 4 and your voice remote must be paired with the TiVo® box.
- Upgrade to TiVo Experience 4 - Using your old remote, press the TiVo button. If you see a screen titled TiVo Central, just follow these steps to upgrade to TiVo Experience 4. Upgrade will take about 15 minutes to complete. (Don’t see that screen? That means you are already upgraded and can skip to Step 2.)
- At the TiVo Central screen, choose Apps > Get New Experience.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your TiVo receiver. Go to Settings & Messages > Help > Restart Box
- The remote will attempt to automatically “pair” with your TiVo receiver. If the Activity light at the top of the remote flashes yellow with each button-press, it has successfully paired.
- If, instead, the Activity light flashes red with each button-press, you will need to manually pair it to the TiVo receiver. Choose Settings > Remote, CableCARD & Devices (Remote & Devices on Mini) > Remote Control > Setup > Remote Control Pairing and follow the on-screen instructions.
To issue a voice command:
1. Press and hold the mic-button.
2. Speak naturally into the remote.
3. Release the button when you have finished speaking.
Voice Remote understands most search commands. Simply push the blue microphone button and speak into the remote and let TiVo® do the rest. Below are examples of searches you can do with your Voice Remote.
- Search by title, actor, or keyword: “Find Modern Family” or “Show me some action movies.”
- HINT: Add on to your initial command to get more specific. For example, after the command, “Show me some action movies,” you could add “From the 80s...just the ones with Bruce Willis.”
- Watch a show: “Play the latest episode of Modern Family.”
- Launch an app: “Launch Netflix.”
- Change channels: “Go to NBC.”
Pairing TiVo with Alexa
The Alexa app is available on Atlantic Broadband TiVo devices. At the beginning of setup, there’s a “click here” link if the user does not see the Alexa app on their device. This links out to a list of MSO’s.
- This message can be two-fold or we can jump right to the “after launch” messaging to save time:
- Prior to launch, something like “ABB is excited to offer Alexa support for customers with TiVo boxes coming this summer. Stay tuned!”
- After launch, something like “The Alexa app is available on Atlantic Broadband TiVo devices. To learn more, please visit [URL].”
To pair your TiVo device:
- Press the TiVo button on your remote to go to the Home screen, then choose Apps.
- Select the Alexa app.
On the pairing screen, note the activation code and the name of your TiVo device – you’ll need these during setup. If you have more than one TiVo device, make sure each one has a unique and easily-recognizable or you will not be able to complete setup.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
- Open the navigation menu, and select "Skills & Games."
- In the search box, enter "TiVo."
- Select “TiVo” from the list, and follow the on-screen instructions. You’re all set!
- To pair additional TiVo devices, select "Manage and Link Devices" in the TiVo skill, then choose "Link another device.”
Yes. TiVo provides the ultimate multi-room DVR experience through the use of TiVo Mini receivers. By adding a TiVo Mini to additional TV sets in your home you will get full DVR control (FF, Pause, RW, Record, play back) on every TV and you will also get all of the amazing TiVo features that you get on your main TV set.
TiVo Minis are the receivers that you put no additional TVs in your home to get full DVR control on that TV as well as access to the amazing TiVo features and all the recordings on the main DVR.
Yes. Minis have full DVR control so you can have full control over live TV, set up a recording or watch a show from the main DVR on the Mini.
With TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband you can pause a recording in one room and then pick up from the same point in another room, or even on your iPad or iPhone while in your home! (Android support is planned for 2014.)
Each T6 DVR can support up to 6 additional Minis and you can have TiVo Service on up to 20 TV sets in your home by adding multiple DVRs and Minis. However, in some large configurations, not all TV sets will be able to communicate with one another and share recordings. If you want to connect more than 10 TVs, call us and speak to a specialist to understand the details.
TiVo App for Tablets & Smartphones
Yes! The Atlantic Broadband TV Online app provides you with the ability to stream live TV or recordings directly to your tablet or smart phone while inside of your home at no extra cost.
Apple users running iOS 10.0 or later and Android users running OS V6.0 or later also have the option to download shows off the DVR and take them with you on the road with the TV Online app from Atlantic Broadband.
You can watch TV live, or On Demand, as well as recordings on any device in any room in your home. Easily discover new shows you’ll love and set up recordings from your mobile device. Download your favorite shows and take them to go so you can watch them when you are away from home.
Heres what you can do in the app:
- Watch On Demand
- Watch from any device in your home - watch live TV on any of the hundreds of channels you have available (availability is based on your local TV listings).
- There's always something to discover when you search with categories like: On TV Today, Sports, Movies, TV Series, and Kids.
- Save titles to watch later on any of your devices or digital cable boxes.
- Discover new favorites with “What to Watch” for personalized recommendations of what to watch or record.
- Search by keyword, TV show, movie or actor.
- Schedule your recordings with the app when you are on the go. Then watch at home on your DVR.
- Prefer to watch on the go? Download your favorite shows to go and watch when you are away from home.
- Control your TV with your mobile device. Find what you want on the app and then fling it to your TV.
You can watch on 2 mobile devices at the same time. There is no limit to the number of people that can be logged into the app at one time.
If you have a TiVo Smartbox and no TiVo DVR, you can still enjoy using the Atlantic Broadband TV Online app. There are some differences in functionality to be aware of. SmartBox users are able to:
- Watch On Demand
- Search with categories like: On TV Today, Sports, Movies, TV Series, and Kids .
- Save titles to watch later.
- Bookmark new favorites with “What to Watch” for personalized recommendations of what to watch.
- Search by keyword, TV show, movie or actor.
- Control your TV with your mobile device. Find what you want on the app and then fling it to your TV.
Please be aware, the following features are not available:
- Watch from any device in your home.
- Schedule recordings with the app when you are on the go.
- Download your favorite shows to go and watch when you are away from home.
Apple devices must be running 10.0 or later and Android devices must be running OS V6.0 or later to download version 4.2 of Atlantic Broadband TV Online.
Yes, you can use the app on your tablet or smartphone from anywhere to search for shows and schedule recordings away from home. Laptop users can go online to tvonline.atlanticbb.net to access online scheduling through a browser.
Apple and Android users have the option to download a majority of shows to their devices. Not all content can be downloaded or transferred due to the copy protection restrictions by content owners.
Now you can watch TV live, or On Demand, as well as recordings on any device in any room in your home. With Atlantic Broadband TV Online, you can enjoy Atlantic Broadband’s TV service on your tablet or smartphone.
If you are experiencing issues locating your TiVo devices through the Atlantic Broadband TV Online app for Apple or Android:
1. Make sure you are using your local Wi-Fi connection instead of 3G/4G network.
2. Force close the application on your mobile device, reopen it, and try again.
3. Restart your network router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in. Once the router restarts, make sure you reconnect your device to your network. Then try to locate the TiVo equipment on your app again.
4. Verify that you have connected your TiVo equipment to your network: T6 DVRs, TiVo Minis, and Previews: From TiVo Central, go to Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > View network diagnostics > Test Internet connection. If the test is successful, then your TiVo has a proper connection to the internet.
5. Make sure you have the updated version of the Atlantic Broadband TV Online app and have updated to the most current iOS/ Android OS version.
6. Power cycle the DVR. Unplug the DVR from the electrical source for 30 seconds. Once restarted, locate the DVR on your mobile device again.
7. Uninstall and reinstall the application on your mobile device.
1. Make sure your device is not in Airplane Mode.
2. Verify that your router and modem are operational.
Atlantic Broadband powered by TiVo turns your Apple or Android device into your very own portable TV. Enjoy live, in-home streaming, Video On Demand, and even download your favorite DVR content and take it with you with Atlantic Broadband TV Online. Everyone gets to watch shows on any TV or even on their tablet or smart phone.
✓Stream live or DVR content on up to 5 devices at the same time (devices include the T6 DVR, TiVo minis and up to 2 mobile devices).
✓Watch your favorite shows On Demand.
✓Download your favorite shows from your DVR onto your device and take them with you. Enjoy it anytime and anywhere you want.
ABB App Tech Support
The local network has cached (saved) the old name. Please reboot your TiVo DVR to clear out the cache. You can reboot your TiVo DVR by unplugging it from the electrical source for 30 seconds and the plugging it back in.
The Atlantic Broadband TV Online app could not fully access your TiVo box information due to a failure with Bonjour Discovery on your network. Instead of showing your TiVo DVR’s name, your TiVo DVR is being identified as “DVR-####”, where “####” is the last four characters of your TiVo serial number. This should not present a problem. The TV Online app can still connect to the TiVo DVR in this state and all features supported will work as normal.
If the app closes shortly after opening the application, your Apple or Android device may currently be, or has previously been, modified. Atlantic Broadband TV Online has the ability to stream video content from your Atlantic Broadband DVR, and TiVo is required to implement industry standard security measures to ensure video content is protected from use on devices with unauthorized software or modifications. These unauthorized modifications to your Apple or Android device often make permanent changes to the device and even after uninstalling or reversing the modification, Atlantic Broadband TV Online may still not provide access which the application needs to operate.
- Currently supported mobile devices: All Apple devices running iOS 10.0 or later and Android devices running Android 6.0 or later
- At least one TiVo DVR connected to the home network.
- Wi-Fi home network
- Atlantic Broadband Mobile Application v4.2 or later
Home Network/Account Requirements
- All devices must be on the same home network in order to stream or download content.
- All devices’ accounts must be activated and in good standing
- Host DVR must be connected to home router via MoCA or Ethernet connections.
- Verify that host DVR is connected home network.
- Make sure you are running iOS 10.0 or later on iOS devices or Android OS V6.0 or later.
- Make sure you have the latest Atlantic Broadband app installed on your device. The version needs to be v4.2 or later.
- To start the connection to the TiVo DVR, open and turn on your device
- Make sure that the device is connected to your home network
- Open the Atlantic Broadband app. (If you have not already downloaded the app from the app store you will need to do that now.)
- Once the application opens it should automatically start the TiVo Stream Setup
- The App will go thru 3 steps to verify the stream
- Step 1: Checking software version
- Step 2: Checking activation status
- Step 3: Linking TiVo Stream to your DVR
Once the 3 steps are complete, you can click done. You are now ready to stream or download a show.
With Atlantic Broadband powered by TiVo, out of home streaming of your DVR content is not available at this time. We realize this feature is desirable to our customers and are working to make this option available in the future. However, you still have access to downloaded DVR content while on the go through the Atlantic Broadband TV Online app. Setting this feature up is easy to do. Just download desired content to your device while still connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Once downloaded to your device, you can enjoy it anytime and anywhere you want.
With Atlantic Broadband powered by TiVo, out of home streaming of live content is not available at this time. We realize this feature is desirable to our customers and are working to make this option available in the future. In the meantime, you can always enjoy in-home streaming of live content. You also have access to downloaded DVR content while on the go through the Atlantic Broadband TV Online app. Setting this feature up is easy to do. Just download desired content to your device while still connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Once downloaded to your device, you can enjoy it anytime and anywhere you want.
Non-TiVo customers can still use the Atlantic Broadband TV Online App and enjoy the following features: View your TV Guide, Search for Shows, Link to Netflix, HBO Go and other TVE Apps!
TiVo Service Features
Season Pass is like a DVR series recording feature, but way better. With Season Pass you can select the show you want to record and choose to record all the episodes or only the new ones. Plus you can set up to add extra time to a show for all those popular shows that run a few minutes longer than normal. You can also create a Season Pass for new TV shows and off-season TV shows months before the shows are airing on TV. Just create your Season Pass with the "All Channel" option, and the TV shows will record for any channel on which they air.
Universal Search allows you to easily find a show or movie based on title, actor or keyword. TiVo searches across both Live TV and On Demand to find what you want.
If you’re interested in a specific actor (“George Clooney”) or topic (“Football”), create a WishList Search that will constantly searches in the background and every time a movie or show airs that matches your criteria, it will be recorded. You can enter criteria for key word, actor, title, director, genera and type of program. This is the ultimate way to find shows and movies on your favorite topics, actors or teams.
What to Watch Now provides you with a choice of the best popular shows, movies, sports and kids entertainment that is available to watch right now. This will become your first destination when you get home, instead of going to the channel guide.
TiVo Suggestions get to know what you like to watch based on your DVR recordings and your rating of shows. Then it will automatically record shows and movies that it thinks you will like so that they are there for you on your DVR. TiVo Suggestions will never replace shows you request or prevent them from being recorded and they are always the first programs deleted to make room for recordings you request.
If you are in the mood for a comedy, drama or action movie or TV show. Use TiVo’s browse feature to see what is on in a specific genre or category, then select a program to record in the future or watch right now from live TV or On Demand!
TiVo Service Sign Up
To sign up for TiVo Service you will need Atlantic Broadband Internet Service with a minimum speed of 5Mbps download. You will also need TV service from Atlantic Broadband with a minimum of Value Service.
TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband is included in our TiVo Double Play and TiVo Play bundles. For existing DVR customers, TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband is just an additional $10.00. TiVo Minis are available for $11.99 per month.
Just give us a call and we’ll take care of it for you! When you order TiVo Service we will schedule a professional installation with one of our experienced technicians to come to your home and set up the service for you.
Yes, if you would like to switch your DVR to TiVo service just give us a call at 888-536-9600. We are happy to switch your service so you can start enjoying the Ultimate TV experience. Please note there is a $10 upgrade fee per month for TiVo Service in addition to your current DVR price.
Unfortunately, you cannot transfer recorded shows and recording schedules from your DVR to your new TiVo T6 DVR. We have guides on our website to help you set up your personal preferences, searches and events.
T6 DVRs and Minis are connected using the existing coaxial cables in your home and use technology called MoCA to communicate, share shows, movies, live TV & DVR functions. If you house has older wiring we may need to replace some portion of that wiring, but for most customers there is no need for new wiring.
TiVo Service TV Apps
Yes. TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband has full YouTube integration. You can access the entire YouTube catalog of videos, same as the web, plus TiVo service integrates great YouTube clips about shows, actors, directors and more into the guide – so you can easily learn more about your favorite show or movie!
With TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband you can access Apps from Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, HuffPost, HSN, iHeartRadio, Plex, Yahoo! Screen, Moviefone, TechCrunch, AOL On, and Web Video Hotlist.
There are two of the best music services out there: iHeartRadio & Pandora. If you listen to iHeartRadio or Pandora on your computer, tablet or smartphone, you can link your accounts and play your favorite music on the best speakers in the house.
Today we do not support Hulu or Amazon Instant Video on TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband. Keep checking back every few months for updates. When things change we will let you know!
The TiVo T6 DVR uses your Channel List to search for shows. Verify that the channel is selected in your Channel List. Does the channel have a check mark next to it? To give it one, highlight the channel and press SELECT. For more help please see the ‘Quick Guide’ at www.atlanticbb.com/tivo.
You can view History for an explanation of why the show did not record. History is the first selection in the To Do List. (To open the To Do list, go to TiVo Central, then choose ‘Manage Recordings & Downloads,’ then ‘To Do List.’). For more help please see the ‘Quick Guide’ at www.atlanticbb.com/tivo.
Review your channel list to make sure all the channels you subscribe to are marked with a yellow check. Compare the channel list to the list of channels in your cable plan.
Be sure you are using the TiVo T6 DVR’s remote control, and that you hold it so that the TiVo button points toward the TiVo T6 DVR.
If you are trying to use the remote control in RF mode (so that it can control a TiVo T6 DVR that is not within line-of-sight), make sure the remote is paired with the DVR. You’ll know if the remote control is in RF mode if when you press a button you see a blue light at the top of the remote. If the light is red, that means the remote is in IR mode.
For more help please see the ‘Quick Guide’ at www.atlanticbb.com/tivo
The TiVo service includes smart scheduling features that track not only how much space you currently have on your TiVo T6 DVR, but also how much space will be needed in the near future to record all the shows you have scheduled. If your TiVo T6 DVR will be full in the near future, the TiVo service informs you and suggests options — such as allowing some shows to be deleted early — that will allow you to schedule additional recordings. With the TiVo service, you always have the final say over what gets recorded and how long it’s kept.
TiVo® Experience 4
Pairing Tivo Alexa