Find answers to many of your Internet service questions right here.
Customers can either lease a modem from Atlantic Broadband or purchase a modem approved for use with our service. Click here for a list of modems that will work with the Atlantic Broadband network.
No. A fax requires an analog fax modem connected to a phone line to operate. However, software is available that lets you fax from your computer through an Internet connection.
Check the cable modem and make sure all the lights except standby are lit. If the lights are on, you may need to power cycle your router. Also check the Ethernet or wireless connection to the computer. If you are unable to fix the router with a power cycle, refer to the troubleshooting section inside your owner's manual or contact your router manufacturer for more support.
No, Atlantic Broadband does not have Internet usage caps for any of our services. All customers using residential High Speed Internet Services are subject to the terms of service.
You can test your current home internet speed using our speed test.
No, you do not need to have High Speed Internet service to have Phone service. Customers that do sign up for High Speed Internet and Phone service will get better and priority customer service. Find out more.
Your cable modem should operate continuously without maintenance. You can leave the power to the modem on even when your computer is off. If your cable modem isn't working, try these troubleshooting measures:
1. Check your cable TV service. If there's a cable outage, neither your TV nor the Internet connection will work.
2. Check all of your cable connections. If your coaxial, Ethernet, or USB connections are loose, you may not be able to send or receive data.
3. If you have a cable modem ONLY (no router), reset the modem by unplugging the power to the modem. Wait 60 seconds, plug it back in.
4. If you have both a modem and a router, unplug the power from both. Wait 60 seconds, then plug in the power to the modem. Wait 2 minutes, then plug the power back into the router.
5. Reboot your computer. Many computer problems are resolved by shutting down and restarting your computer.
6. If you have a surge protector, make sure it is plugged in and that it doesn’t need to be reset.
Perhaps your Internet connection is unavailable. Try loading another website to ensure you are connected. Be sure you entered your username and password correctly and that they have not expired. Try reentering your login information.
If you are trying to login to the Home Page and you've forgotten your email password, click on FORGOT PASSWORD in the login box and follow the instructions. Please ensure that an alternate email address is set up in your mailbox under "Options". Your current password will be emailed to you. If you cannot currently access email, contact Atlantic Broadband Customer Care for assistance.
Connecting Your Service
A wireless signal is limited by obstructions such as walls and floors, as well as distance. You may need to move your router to acquire a stronger wireless signal. This could also indicate a problem with the computer trying to connect. If you are unable to correct the problem, please contact your router manufacturer for more support.
Out of the box, all routers are configured with unsecured wireless networks. If you need assistance setting up a secured network, please refer to the router owner's manual or contact your router manufacturer.
Some routers have the option to enable wireless during the initial set up. Please refer to your owner's manual for instructions on how to enable the wireless connection. If you need assistance setting up the wireless connection, please contact your router manufacturer.
Atlanticbb.net is your one stop to check and send email, and see all the latest news, sports, entertainment and information you want.
1. Enter your Atlantic Broadband email address and password in the box in the upper right corner of the Atlantic Broadband Home Page.
2. Press LOG IN. After logging in once, you will be able to personalize your Home Page to see exactly what you want, without logging in again.
If you do not have an email address or have forgotten your password, please contact Atlantic Broadband.
1. Once on the www.atlanticbb.net website, expand MANAGE MY HOME PAGE in the directory bar. Click on the link that says MAKE THIS MY HOME PAGE.
2. Follow the directions in the dialog box that appears on your screen.
1. From the Directory menu on the left hand side of the screen expand MANAGE MY HOME PAGE link.
2. From the drop down menu that appears, choose CUSTOMIZE MY HOME PAGE.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
MetroCast.net is a web portal that gives MetroCast customers access to a range of account management tools (such as phone, email, bill pay), as well as latest news, sports updates, weather, games, and more. The web portal can be customized based on each customer's interests to include quick links to favorite content, social media sites and more. It also provides customers with access to "TV Everywhere" content from MetroCast.
In order to access TV Everywhere content through the MetroCast.net portal, you will use your MetroCast email and password to login or your MetroCast.net user name and password. If you do not yet have a MetroCast.net Portal Address and Password, click here.
For most TV Everywhere content, you will need to enter a MetroCast e-mail address and password (or a MetroCast Portal Address and password). That's because MetroCast first validates that a user who wishes to access online video content is, in fact, a MetroCast customer. Second, it confirms that the user is authorized to view the online content based on their subscription service level (that is, the online cable networks available to a user correspond to the Basic, Expanded Basic, Digital Basic, Digital Plus or Premium tier(s) to which a customer subscribes).
To set up your first email account, you need to call Atlantic Broadband. This will be your primary email address.
If you are already an Atlantic Broadband customer and you have our Internet service, you should already have an email address assigned to you. If you cannot remember it or it has not been set up, please call our Customer Care Center. In addition, if you are one of our email users, we want to make sure you are using the correct email format. Our domain is atlanticbb.net (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To change your current password, please go to emailtools.atlanticbb.net. After login you will be able to change your password via the “Change Password” link.
Your Atlantic Broadband service comes with the ability to have multiple email addresses/boxes based on your service level. To create and manage secondary email accounts, go to emailtools.atlanticbb.net. You will use the online tool to manage email account preferences and settings, create additional email accounts or change your password.
There are 3 ways to configure your email.
1. The easiest way is to use webmail at: www.atlanticbb.net. There is no configuration required.
2. If you would like to use an email client instead of webmail, Atlantic Broadband recommends Outlook Express, which comes installed on most PC’s, Mac Mail or Microsoft Entourage. If you have a PC you can use our Install Wizard at start.atlanticbb.net to automatically configure Outlook Express, or you can use the directions below.
3. If you are an advanced user and would like to configure your own email client, use the following server addresses:
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click TOOLS, ACCOUNTS from the menu.
3. Click on the MAIL tab, then click on ADD and select MAIL.
4. Fill in your name as you would like it to appear in the “From” notation on emails you send. Click NEXT.
5. Make sure that I ALREADY HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS I'D LIKE TO USE is selected. Enter your full email address and click NEXT.
6. Provide the email server names. Choose POP3 for the server. For Incoming Mail, type “pop.atlanticbb.net”. For Outgoing Mail, type “smtp.atlanticbb.net.” Select box next to “Password authentication for the outgoing server.” Click NEXT.
7. In the ACCOUNT NAME BOX, enter your user name (all of the characters to the left of the @ sign in your email address).
8. In the password box, enter your password. You might want to check the REMEMBER PASSWORD BOX so that you don’t have to re-enter your password each time you use your email. Click NEXT.
9. Click FINISH.
1. In the MAC Mail Top Toolbar click MAIL, then click PREFERENCES.
2. In the box that appears, click on ACCOUNTS, then click on the + symbol that appears in the lower left corner.
3. Type in your full name, email address, and password, then click CONTINUE.
4. In the Incoming Mail Server menu, type in the following values:
For account type choose: POP
Incoming Mail Server: pop.atlanticbb.net
Username: (your email address without the @atlanticbb.net, this is usually automatically filled in if email address was provided above)
Password: (your email account password)
5. Click CONTINUE.
6. In the Outgoing Mail server menu, please type in the following values:
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.atlanticbb.net
Do not check the "Use Authentication" box
7. Click CONTINUE.
8. In the Account Summary menu, review to be sure all information is correct, then click CREATE. You have now set up your email to work with Macintosh Mail.
Our free webmail service lets you read and send email and manage your settings using just a web browser on any computer. It's the easiest, most convenient way to stay in touch. You can access Atlantic Broadband webmail at www.atlanticbb.net.
1. Log in at www.atlanticbb.net.
2. Click on any message to see the full message.
3. Click on MY MAIL and you will be taken automatically to your webmail full screen inbox.
4. From your inbox, you can manage your email settings by clicking the OPTIONS tab at the top of the page. In the OPTIONS menu, you may perform tasks such as creating an email signature, setting a vacation message, autoforwarding email or changing your password.
5. If you change your password, you will be required to re-login to the Home Page and you must use your new password
For more information on how to use Webmail, please consult our Quick Reference Guide.
Online criminals attempt to impersonate financial institutions, government agencies and companies like Atlantic Broadband. Called “Phishing”, it is an attempt to criminally and fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as social security numbers, usernames, passwords and credit card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an email. Hallmark signs of “Phishers” include: Logos that are not an exact match to the company’s logo, spelling errors, percentage signs followed by numbers or @ signs within the hyperlink, random names or e-mail addresses in the body of the text, or even e-mail headers which have nothing to do with the company mentioned in the e-mail.
Atlantic Broadband will never request any sensitive personal information via email. Please report any suspicious email correspondence to: email@example.com.
Our email servers use the latest technology to identify and minimize unwanted commercial email, also known as “spam.” Our spam control system works in two ways:
1. We deny messages from known spammers by using a common third party Internet “blacklist”.
2. We filter all messages in an attempt to identify spam based on a number of factors. These messages are not deleted but are marked as suspected spam. This ensures that a message you may want to see is never deleted. If you download mail using the POP protocol, you need to create a rule in your email program to automatically move spam emails from your Inbox to a designated folder.
If you use the IMAP protocol or check your email using our Web interface, suspected spam is automatically placed in a separate folder. In either case, you’ll want to scan your designated spam folder occasionally to be sure that email has not been improperly categorized as spam
Don’t ever open email from a suspicious address.
Use a secure password that mixes both letters and numbers.
NEVER provide your account information (user name or password) to anyone via email.
If you don’t have a firewall installed, be sure that file and print sharing are disabled in your network settings.
Keep your operating system updated so you always have the newest security. Support and updates for Windows XP are no longer available. If you’re running Windows XP, click here for more information. If you’re an Apple user, visit http://www.info.apple.com.
Safeguarding our customer's data is our top priority. We continuously monitor our systems to improve our security capabilities in service to our customers.Atlantic Broadband customers can be confident that our internal systems and website are secure and their personal and financial information are safe.
As always, you should keep your computer's operating system updated so you have the newest security settings and you can always update your password at any time by going to email tool
1. Turn off your modem. Unplug your cable modem. This will prepare the modem to connect a new device.
2. Connect your modem, router and computer together. Once your modem is unplugged, connect the modem to the router's Internet (or WAN) port and connect your computer to any Ethernet port on the router. If the Ethernet ports on your router are numbered, use port #1. If they are not numbered, please refer to your router's instruction manual.
3. Configure your router for a broadband connection.
A. If your router requires a set up prior to use, follow the instructions in the router's manual or installation CD.
B. Choose "Automatic Configuration" or "DHCP" for the connection type. Your router will be configured to receive connection information automatically from Atlantic Broadband.
4. Power cycling your modem and router.
A. Unplug the router's power cable.
B. Unplug the modem's power cable and wait for 30 seconds. If you have Atlantic Broadband Phone service, you must reset the phone modem. Use a paper clip to reboot the EMTA recessed button on the back of the modem.
C. Plug in the modem's power cable and wait for its lights to stop flashing.
D. Plug in the router's power cable and wait 20 seconds. If you need assistance setting up a secured network, please refer to the router owner's manual or contact your router manufacturer.
Technical Support Hotlines:
Apple Airport 1-800-275-2273
Wireless Home Networking lets you tap the power and speed of your Atlantic Broadband connection from anywhere in your home, on any Internet-enabled device. The simplest, most hassle-free way to establish a Wireless Home Network is to let our experienced technicians do it for you. Learn More.
A broadband connection is ideal for sharing across multiple computers in your home. If you're running a wireless network, we strongly recommend that you enable the access control settings that come with your wireless access point. Otherwise, anyone in the vicinity can easily detect and gain access to your home network and you may be held liable for their online actions or at risk for security breaches.
Yes, Atlantic Broadband offers a Wireless Home Networking service which includes professional installation, set up, and 24/7 customer support for your home networking needs.
Yes. Your information is secure and the chat session is encrypted. Your information is only visible during that chat session and Atlantic Broadband does not store any sensitive information.
Once the chat session has ended, your sensitive information is no longer accessible.
There are two general indications of a secured web page:
1) Check the web page URL
Normally, when browsing the web, the URLs (web page addresses) begin with the letters "http". However, over a secure connection the address displayed should begin with "https" - note the "s" at the end.
2) Check for the "Lock" icon
There is a de facto standard among web browsers to display a "lock" icon somewhere in the window of the browser (NOT in the web page display area!)
For example, Microsoft Internet Explorer displays the lock icon in the lower-right of the browser window.
If you did not select the email me a copy of this chat session button upon starting the session, please request this to your Chat Agent. We will email you the chat session transcript within 24 hours.
Atlantic Broadband has a masking application to ensure your data is not stored or viewable. However, your home PC may or may not have that functionality.
Our GigaEdge service provides up to one gigabit per second (Gbps). That is 1,000 megabits per second (Mbps) connection. One Gbps may be referred to as 1,000 Mbps, 1G, 1 Gig or 1 Gbps.
We know you’ll love the speed you’ll receive from our GigaEdge service and how this super-fast speed will let you use multiple devices with optimal performance, but our GigaEdge service may be faster than your computer’s/device’s capabilities. In fact, nearly all smartphones and tablets are limited to speeds well below 1 gigabit. This doesn’t mean you will get slow speeds. It only means that the actual speeds you will receive may vary.
Customers who have optimum hardware and connections should expect wired speed tests in excess of 900 Mbps on the proper Atlantic Broadband speed test site. You can test your current speed here.
The speeds of our GigaEdge service are greater than what today’s WiFi systems can deliver is. The speeds customers will actually receive vary based on the WiFi protocol (G/N/AC), the device being used to access the internet, and the distance between the WiFi antenna and the device.
We recommend you refer to the manufacturer’s materials to obtain information specific to your actual device.
We recommend you refer to the manufacturer’s materials to obtain information specific to your actual device.
All customers who subscribe to GigaEdge service will need to lease a modem or router from Atlantic Broadband. This is to ensure you receive optimum speeds and service.
At this time, Atlantic Broadband requires all of our Unleashed Plus & GigaEdge customers to rent their modem from us. This allows us to ensure those customers are getting optimum connected and wireless speeds in their home.
No, however there are a multitude of factors that will determine what speeds you will actually be able to attain within your home. The most common impact to speed is the device being used. Newer devices can support faster Internet speeds than older devices. We recommend you check the documentation for your specific devices to find out their maximum speeds. Newer laptops with a 1000BaseT network interface card may support up to 1 Gig speeds. Most smartphones and tablets are limited to speeds well below 1 Gig.
A direct connection via Ethernet cable is the best way to experience your device's full speed. Wi-Fi connections decrease speed as a result of wireless connections being inherently slower. Wireless connections can also be adversely affected by extreme distances from the router as well as the number of walls or other obstacles between your device and the router.
The wiring in your home can be a factor. Older homes are more likely to experience some loss in speed due to out-of-date inside wiring standards in place when those home were constructed. Cat 5e or Cat 6 cabling is the industry-standard cabling used for 1 Gig speeds. Cat 5 and below may only be able to achieve 100 Mbps speeds.
A final consideration is the Internet itself. Most common Internet destinations do not serve content to users at 1 Gig speeds. Even though you have 1 Gig service and you have wired your brand new computer directly into your new router to be able to download at 1 Gig, you still cannot download any faster than the server to which you are connected can serve.
Atlantic Broadband Internet Assist program
In direct response to the COVID-19 situation and the increased need to connect to work and/or school from home, Atlantic Broadband is offering a 15 Mbps downstream / 1 Mbps upstream internet speed tier to those who live in Atlantic Broadband’s serviceable area, do not currently have Atlantic Broadband internet service in their home, and meet specific need-based qualifications.
The program offer is for two months for free and then $9.99 per month plus tax after the first two months.
The Atlantic Broadband Internet Assist program has been designed to provide internet access to in-need households that meet all of the following qualifications: Those who 1) do not currently subscribe to an Atlantic Broadband Internet Service and who have not subscribed to Atlantic Broadband Internet Service in the last one hundred and twenty (120) days; 2) do not have any past due balances with Atlantic Broadband; 3) have not been disconnected from any Atlantic Broadband service within the last twelve (12) months due to non-payment; and 4) are eligible for any of the following public assistance programs: National School Lunch Program (NSLP), Housing Assistance, Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and/or Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). Customers will be required to provide proof of eligibility subject to the review and discretion of Atlantic Broadband.
No. Any household that has had Atlantic Broadband internet service in the last 120 days is not eligible for the Internet Assist program.
To sign up for the Atlantic Broadband Internet Assist program, go to www.atlanticbb.com/internetor call 855-594-1249 to learn more.
The current retail rate for the Atlantic Broadband Internet Assist package is $9.99 plus tax and there are no additional installation, modem lease, home networking, or internet recovery fees. This, in addition to the initial two-months free, has been designed to provide internet access and relief throughout the COVID-19 outbreak period to individuals that need it the most. There are no plans at this point to increase the rate or introduce any fees, but as with any of our products, this rate could eventually change with our yearly rate increases. Should this occur, the customer would be sent a notification of the change ahead of the increase.
Yes. This product will be available in all regions for all New Residential Customers or Existing Residential Atlantic Broadband customers that do not currently subscribe to Atlantic Broadband’s internet service and who meet the need-based qualifications.
Internet Assist customers have unlimited access to the internet with 15 Mbps downstream speeds, fast enough to stream video, video conference, and get that homework done.
Yes. Anyone who meets the qualifications is eligible for this affordable service in the Atlantic Broadband footprint.
The monthly service, after the first free 2 months, costs $9.99 plus taxes. The normal fees associated with internet services are all waived. There is no fee to lease the modem, no home networking fee, no HSD recovery fee, and no installation charges. Atlantic Broadband is committed to helping low-income households get connected as affordably as possible.
There is no contract with Internet Assist. You may cancel at any time. The gateway must be returned to avoid any equipment fees.
Self-install allows you to order your internet service and hook it up yourself with a self-install kit. It gives you flexibility to do it on your own time at no additional cost. All of the equipment, cords, and instructions are included in the self-install kit.
First, we’ll ship you a self-install kit and send you an email with order confirmation and package tracking information. You should expect to receive the self-install kit within 3-5, days and it will have everything you’ll need to get your internet service up-and-running.
The self-install kit includes a new gateway, power cord, coax cable, and instructions to help you do the installation. There is even an Ethernet cord in case you have a device that needs to be wired directly to the gateway.
A gateway is a device that combines the functions of a modem and a router. The modem is the device that connects your connected device to the Internet. The router is a companion device to your modem that takes the information from your modem and sends it wirelessly to your WiFi devices like smart phones, tablets, gaming consoles, and computers.
Simply follow the instructions included in the self-install kit. Connect the coax cable from the wall to the gateway, then connect the power cord to the gateway and plug in. Your gateway will power up and set itself up automatically. When set-up process is complete, there will be solid lights on the front. Then you can connect with either wired or wireless devices.
If you cannot connect your device wirelessly, you may connect directly to the gateway with the enclosed Ethernet cord.
You can connect any wireless device by using the network name and password displayed on the sticker on the side of the gateway. Alternatively you can:
- Look for the sticker on the side of the gateway and point the camera at the QR code.
- You will be asked if you want to join the network. Click "yes".
- You will be asked to open up your browser window to continue setup and you will be redirected to set up a new network name and password for your network. Note this down. Then your gateway will automatically reboot.
- Connect all wireless devices (Smart TVs, phones, laptops, tablets, Smarthome devices, etc) using the new network name and password.
Make sure that the cords are tightly attached to the gateway and plugged into the wall. If it still does not power on try a different outlet.
Try unplugging your modem from the power outlet for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Once it reboots, if you still cannot connect, please call 1-844-579-0697 for assistance.
The billing cycle automatically starts within 10 days of your order online, so if you run into any problems completing your installation, it is very important to call in for support at 1-844-579-0697 immediately. Promotional periods will be reflected on the billing statement.