Find answers to many of your Email service questions right here.
To setup your Atlantic Broadband email account please reach out to us at 1-888-536-9600 or visit https://emailtools.atlanticbb.net/new/#/login.
If you are already an Atlantic Broadband customer and you have our Internet service, you should already have an email address assigned to your account. If you don’t remember your Atlantic Broadband email address or it has not been set up, please call our Customer Care Center or visit https://emailtools.atlanticbb.net with your account number handy. In addition, if you are one of our email users, we want to make sure you are using the correct email format. Our domain is atlanticbb.net (example: email@example.com).
If you have forgotten your Atlantic Broadband email password, please click here.
To change your current Atlantic Broadband email password, please click here
Atlantic Broadband offers the use of a backup/recovery email address if at any time you misplace or forget your Atlantic Broadband email password. Please visit this link to setup a recovery email address: https://emailtools.atlanticbb.net/new/#/login
There are 3 ways to configure your email.
1. The easiest way is to use webmail at: www.atlanticbb.net. There is no configuration required.
2. If you would like to use an email client instead of webmail, Atlantic Broadband recommends Outlook Express, which comes installed on most PC’s, Mac Mail or Microsoft Entourage. If you have a PC you can use our Install Wizard to automatically configure Outlook Express, or you can use the directions below.
3. If you are an advanced user and would like to configure your own email client, using Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail, please follow these few steps:
Incoming Mail Server: pop.atlanticbb.net
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click TOOLS, ACCOUNTS from the menu.
3. Click on the MAIL tab, then click on ADD and select MAIL.
4. Fill in your name as you would like it to appear in the “From” notation on emails you send. Click NEXT.
5. Make sure that I ALREADY HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS I'D LIKE TO USE is selected. Enter your full email address and click NEXT.
6. Provide the email server names.
Choose POP3 for the server.
For Incoming Mail, type “mail.atlanticbb.net”.
For Outgoing Mail, type “smtp.atlanticbb.net.” or "mail.atlanticbb.net"
Select box next to “Password authentication for the outgoing server.”
7. In the ACCOUNT NAME BOX, enter your user name (all of the characters to the left of the @ sign in your email address).
8. In the password box, enter your password. You might want to check the REMEMBER PASSWORD BOX so that you don’t have to re-enter your password each time you use your email. Click NEXT.
9. Click FINISH.
1. In the MAC Mail Top Toolbar click MAIL, then click PREFERENCES.
2. In the box that appears, click on ACCOUNTS, then click on the + symbol that appears in the lower left corner.
3. Type in your full name, email address, and password, then click CONTINUE.
4. In the Incoming Mail Server menu, type in the following values:
For account type choose: POP
Incoming Mail Server: pop.atlanticbb.net or mail.atlanticbb.net
Username: (your email address without the @atlanticbb.net, this is usually automatically filled in if email address was provided above)
Password: (your ABB email password)
5. Click CONTINUE.
6. In the Outgoing Mail server menu, please type in the following values:Description: smtp.atlanticbb.net
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.atlanticbb.net or mail.atlanticbb.net Do not check the "Use Authentication" box
7. Click CONTINUE.
8. In the Account Summary menu, review to be sure all information is correct, then click CREATE. You have now set up your email to work with Macintosh Mail.