Find answers to many of your Email service questions right here.
To set up your first email account, you need to call Atlantic Broadband. This will be your primary email address.
If you are already an Atlantic Broadband customer and you have our Internet service, you should already have an email address assigned to you. If you cannot remember it or it has not been set up, please call our Customer Care Center. In addition, if you are one of our email users, we want to make sure you are using the correct email format. Our domain is atlanticbb.com (example: email@example.com).
To change your current password, please go to emailtools.atlanticbb.net and login. After login you will be able to change your password via the “Change Password” link.
Your Atlantic Broadband service comes with the ability to have multiple email addresses/boxes based on your service level. To create and manage secondary email accounts, go to emailtools.atlanticbb.net. You will use the online tool to manage email account preferences and settings, create additional email accounts or change your password.
There are 3 ways to configure your email.
1. The easiest way is to use webmail at: www.atlanticbb.com. There is no configuration required.
2. If you would like to use an email client instead of webmail, Atlantic Broadband recommends Outlook Express, which comes installed on most PC’s, Mac Mail or Microsoft Entourage. If you have a PC you can use our Install Wizard at start.atlanticbb.com to automatically configure Outlook Express, or you can use the directions below.
3. If you are an advanced user and would like to configure your own email client, use the following server addresses:
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click TOOLS, ACCOUNTS from the menu.
3. Click on the MAIL tab, then click on ADD and select MAIL.
4. Fill in your name as you would like it to appear in the “From” notation on emails you send. Click NEXT.
5. Make sure that I ALREADY HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS I'D LIKE TO USE is selected. Enter your full email address and click NEXT.
6. Provide the email server names. Choose POP3 for the server. For Incoming Mail, type “pop.atlanticbb.net”. For Outgoing Mail, type “smtp.atlanticbb.net.” Select box next to “Password authentication for the outgoing server.” Click NEXT.
7. In the ACCOUNT NAME BOX, enter your user name (all of the characters to the left of the @ sign in your email address).
8. In the password box, enter your password. You might want to check the REMEMBER PASSWORD BOX so that you don’t have to re-enter your password each time you use your email. Click NEXT.
9. Click FINISH.
1. In the MAC Mail Top Toolbar click MAIL, then click PREFERENCES.
2. In the box that appears, click on ACCOUNTS, then click on the + symbol that appears in the lower left corner.
3. Type in your full name, email address, and password, then click CONTINUE.
4. In the Incoming Mail Server menu, type in the following values:
For account type choose: POP
Incoming Mail Server: pop.atlanticbb.net
Username: (your email address without the @atlanticbb.com, this is usually automatically filled in if email address was provided above)
Password: (your email account password)
5. Click CONTINUE.
6. In the Outgoing Mail server menu, please type in the following values:
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.atlanticbb.net
Do not check the "Use Authentication" box
7. Click CONTINUE.
8. In the Account Summary menu, review to be sure all information is correct, then click CREATE. You have now set up your email to work with Macintosh Mail.