Self Install Tivo
Ready. Set. Install.
Before you begin
- If you received both an internet gateway self-installation kit and a TiVo self-installation kit, please follow the internet gateway setup and activation instructions first. (Refer to the below links for instructions for your gateway model.) Be sure to install the gateway in the same room where you will install the TiVo device. Use the included coaxial splitter and cables.
- If you received only a TiVo self-installation kit, please be sure to move your existing gateway to the same room where you will install the TiVo device. Use the included coaxial splitter and cables.
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO SET UP YOUR VIDEO SERVICE.
TIME TO COMPLETE30 Minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
HOW TO SET UP YOUR TIVO DEVICE
Follow the steps below to connect your new TiVo device. Note that your TiVo device may vary from the one pictured, but the connections, cables, and steps remain the same.
Connect the coaxial cable to the TiVo device and to the splitter (labeled OUT) A
Connect the HDMI cable to the TiVo device B and to the TV. Note the INPUT name and number on your TV.
Connect the Ethernet cable to the TiVo device C and to any of the four Ethernet ports on the back of your gateway.
Connect the power adapter to the TiVo device D and to an electrical wall outlet.
Insert the batteries into your TiVo voice remote making sure the polarity (+/-) is correct.
NOTE: The TiVo device does not have a power button. It will boot up when power is plugged in.
STEPS TO ACTIVATE
Follow the steps below to get your TiVo device up and running. Please also reference the images for assistance.
When the TiVo device powers up, you may receive a message that says “Your TiVo service is not active.” Please select “Delete this message” and continue to the Home screen.When you see the TiVo Home screen A, use your TiVo remote to navigate to Menu > Settings > Network Settings B. Select “TiVo Service Connection” by pressing OK on the remote CNOTE: The Home screen can also be accessed by pressing the TiVo button at the top of your TiVo voice remote.
After the connection is complete, go to Menu > Help > Account & System Info > System Information D. The 6th line down should read “TiVo Service account status: 3: Account in Good Standing.” E Now you can proceed to the next step.
Restart the TiVo device. Pull the power from the back of the TiVo device, wait 10 seconds, and plug the power back in.
When the TiVo device powers back up again, call Atlantic Broadband’s automated activation line at
1-855-371-1548 and follow the prompts to complete the activation.
If you require assistance, call our Customer Support Team at 1-855-211-4914.
PAIR YOUR TIVO REMOTE TO YOUR TV
Go to Menu > Settings > Remote, CableCARD & Devices A > Remote Control Setup B > Set TV Power, Volume, and Mute C
Find your TV manufacturer and follow the on-screen instructions. (See example below for pairing with a Vizio TV)
Self Installation FAQs
Self-installation allows you to order your service and hook it up yourself with a self-installation kit. It gives you flexibility to do it on your own time at no additional cost. All of the equipment, cords, and instructions are included in the self-installation kit. You may receive the kit in the mail or it may be dropped off at your home by a technician.
First, we’ll ship or drop off a self-installation kit to your home. If we are shipping you equipment, we will send you an order confirmation email with package tracking information. You should expect to receive the self-installation kit within 3-5 days, and it will have everything you’ll need to get your services up-and-running. If we are dropping equipment off at your home, you should expect a call from an Atlantic Broadband technician.
Depending on which Atlantic Broadband service you ordered, the self-installation kits will vary. Your TiVo self-installation kit will include a TiVo DVR or SmartBox (depending on which service you ordered), installation instructions, a power adapter, coaxial splitter with three coaxial cables connected, HDMI cable, and an Ethernet cable. If you ordered Internet service as well, the self-installation kit will also include a new gateway, power cord, coaxial cable, Ethernet cord and instructions to help you do the internet installation.
You can follow the simple instructions included with your new equipment. If you still have questions, please call Atlantic Broadband at 855-211-4914 for additional support.
Check that the power cord is connected to the TiVo Set-Top Box and the AC wall outlet and that the power outlet is functioning properly.
Verify that the MUTE button on your TV remote control or TiVo remote control has not been pressed. Try pressing the MUTE button to restore sound for both the TiVo Set-Top Box and television.
- Verify your TV is using the correct input name and number you used during installation. These inputs are typically labeled HDMI1, HDMI2, etc. and can be selected with your TV remote.
- Try another channel. This channel may be restricted from viewing.
- Check all of your cable connections, including verifying your coaxial cable is securely tightened onto both the coaxial splitter and TiVo device. Verify that the HDMI cable TiVo device and your TV is firmly connected.
Check the batteries in the remote and replace them if needed.
Parental controls on TiVo help you make sure your family has access to only those shows you want them to watch. When parental controls are turned on, a lock icon will appear on the home screen next to the Menu. When you turn off parental controls, anyone can view any shows or watch any channels.
- From the TiVo Home screen, choose the Menu icon > Settings > Parental & Purchase Controls.
- To enable Parental Controls, select Parental Controls, enter a four digit PIN, then enter the same PIN again for confirmation.
- Parental Controls will show “On – Unlocked” to indicate Parental Controls are on
Adjust your Parental Control preferences:
- Hide Adult Content can disable adult content from showing in the guide and VOD.
- Set Rating Limits allows you to choose your highest allowed TV and movie ratings.
- Lock Channels allows you to block individual channels.
- After you’ve adjusted your preferences, highlight “Parental Controls: On – Unlocked” and press OK to enable Parental Controls and it will show “On – Locked.”
Contact Atlantic Broadband at 855-211-4914 and we can give you a temporary password that will allow you to reset your PIN code.
To view HD channels, a high-definition “capable” or “ready” television is required. You will also need to use a digital cable connection such as the HDMI cable to view HD channels.
The billing cycle automatically starts within 10 days of your order online, so if you run into any problems completing your installation, it is very important to call Atlantic Broadband at 855-211-4914 immediately for support. Promotional periods will be reflected on the billing statement.
You can select “delete this message” by pressing OK on the TiVo remote. As long as your device showed “Account in Good Standing” as show in step 2 in the “Steps to Activate” section of your self-installation kit, your device is active.
Please call Atlantic Broadband at 855-211-4914 to reach our technical support team. They will be able to confirm the activation status of your TiVo device.
Please verify your Ethernet connection between your TiVo device and your gateway. You can do this buy unplugging the cable and plugging it back in until you hear a “click.” You can do this on both ends of the Ethernet cable.